Please be in prayer for the family of pastor Fred Winters. If you are not from the area and have not heard, the pastor at the church where Tyler went to school was shot during service this morning.Pastor Fred was the head pastor and led the prayer time during worship at Kids First. Each morning at school the children sing and worship in the sanctuary. If you read my sisters blog you have probably seen plenty of video posts like this one of the kids up on stage. I am having a very hard time reconciling the place where my son loved to go and sing ("in there Mommy, go in there" he says when we pass the sanctuary) with the scene of a horrific murder. I am grateful Tyler is so young, as parents of the older children are trying to figure out how to best explain this senseless act their children when we as adults can't even comprehend it.
2 comments:
I agree with you...Devin remembers Pastor Fred from when she went to MDO. I explained to her what happened, and she asked if Pastor Fred was living in Heaven now with baby Jesus. I said, yes. She followed up with a question that only a 5yr old would then ask..."so who is the pastor now, since Pastor Fred gets to be in Heaven with Jesus?" Very matter of factly. Hmmm. May we remember to celebrate Heaven for Fred, and pray for the terrible grief that has befallen his wife and girls. Heart breaking!
I'm so sorry! What a TERRIBBLE tragedy! It's so hard to understand why someone would do this. I will pray for his family.
Post a Comment